Mango Pineapple Fresca Salsa Over All-American Dogs & Cauliflower Rice
Serve this Mango Pineapple Fresca Salsa on top of All-American Hot Dogs and Cauliflower Rice and you’ve got a super delicious, nutritious, gluten free meal that’s well worth celebrating!
When I think about the American translation, it doesn’t make sense to me to call it Salsa Fresca or “Sauce Fresh.” In my 100% Americanized mind, the name should be flip-flopped to Fresca Salsa or “Fresh Salsa.” But that’s probably just me.
Whatever way you choose to arrange the translation this fresh sauce goes way beyond just being used for dipping chips. The combination of sweet, sour, and spicy, fruit and vegetable flavors in this well-balanced mango and pineapple-based sauce are perfect to enhance and ramp up the flavor of traditional foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, fish or chicken.
Steeped in our family’s picnic tradition, this fresh sauce favorite we call Mango Pineapple Fresca Salsa is simply another variation of many recipes that you’ll find across the web for the uncooked sauce made from fruits and vegetables.
In this recipe combination inspired by the vegetable serving trend of ricing cauliflower, this fresh salsa’s flavor turns an ordinary hotdog into a great taste experience that’s easy to serve for a barbeque or picnic in a lettuce bun over cauliflower rice making it super delicious, nutritious, and wholesome. Goodbye, boring hotdog!
Mango Pineapple Salsa Fresca All American Dogs over Cauliflower Rice
- 4 Gluten-free Beef Hotdogs
- Lettuce leaves
For the Cauliflower Rice
- Wash, core, and cut approximately 1/4 head of fresh cauliflower into pieces. Break apart into florets and place into a food processor.
- Pulse florets in short pulses until they are completely broken down into granules. (As an alternative, grate the florets with a box grater.)
- Remove any large unprocessed pieces.
- Cook the cauliflower in a skillet to make it tender and rice-like. Heat olive oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cauliflower granules, cover the skillet and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the riced cauliflower is tender. Season with salt to taste.
For the Mango Pineapple Salsa Fresca
- Combine the prepared mango, pineapple, peppers, and onion in a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice, vinegar, and salt. Mix, and refrigerate until needed.
For the Hotdogs
- Grill hotdogs for 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until heated through. Turn end for end to achieve grill marks.
- Wash lettuce in cold water, spin in a salad spinner or lightly dry in towel to remove excess moisture.
- Start with prepared lettuce for the bun.
- Add a spoonful of prepared cauliflower rice, and add a grilled hotdog on top.
- Spoon salsa fresca on top. Enjoy!
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2020 Kymberley Pekrul | G-Free Deliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content, and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.