A super-easy to make, tangy, and sweet
Homemade BBQ Sauce to go with just about anything you want to grill, sauce up or smother…
Whether you need a tangy and sweet BBQ sauce to slather on ribs, pork chops, or a BBQ Chicken sandwich, or if you’re ready to grill, and you suddenly discover that you forgot to buy the BBQ sauce – This recipe is a lifesaver!
When thinking about the evolution of pre-prepared foods, and when they entered my life and kitchen as the go-to way of eating, it’s hard to place them on an exact timeline. I don’t remember eating a lot of pre-prepared foods growing up, and I’ve always been a cook-it-from-scratch sort of gal.
Growing up, even our BBQ sauce was homemade. Mom or grandma would grab the ketchup bottle and the apple cider vinegar and get to work whisking up combinations of ingredients on hand and everyday spices to garnish our meats and meals with homemade deliciousness.
My job was watching, smelling, tasting, and eating the results.
Store in tight-sealing jars in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks...
This recipe is easy and quick to make – and a lifesaver for when you are in ‘A Pinch’ for needing a homemade BBQ sauce, for whatever your reason may be. Enjoy!
Use this sauce for a quick lunch or supper to make BBQ Chicken Sandwiches!
Homemade BBQ Sauce in ‘A Pinch’
- Small saucepan
- Utensils (Measuring Cups and Spoons, Whisk, Heat-proof Spoon)
- ¾ cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Hot Sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground Black Pepper
- Add the ketchup, dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and coarse ground pepper in a small saucepan, whisking together to combine.
- Heat the combined mixture over medium heat until it begins to boil, reduce heat immediately to low. Continue to cook, occasionally stirring, as the mixture simmers on low heat until sauce thickens, in about 15 minutes.
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2022 Kymberley Pekrul | GfreeDeliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. However, copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.