Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
There are many reasons to make salad dressings at home. Among my top reasons are that homemade salad dressing is super easy to make. I love that you can control the ingredients used, and my number one reason is that it’s a fun way to enjoy being creative in the kitchen.
If you’ve ever made a homemade salad dressing, you might have wondered why you ever bought bottled processed salad dressings at all?
For most, I’m sure that it’s a matter of time, convenience, and how high nutrition ranks in your priorities.
But what if I could show you a few positive reasons for making your own homemade dressings that may change your mind forever?
- Besides being simple to make, homemade salad dressings tend to be easier on your pocketbook. Most bottled and processed dressings will set you back $4-5 a bottle compared to $2-3 to make a comparable amount.
- Homemade salad dressings also tend to be healthier,
- Have fewer preservatives, chemicals and artificial flavorings
- They typically taste better,
- They contain less sugar,
- And offer your gut some awesome qualities like better absorption of real vitamins and minerals
Here’a a tasty homemade Lemon Poppyseed Dressing that I encourage you to try.
Made with freshly squeezed lemon juice, the best extra virgin olive oil you can find, spicy Dijon mustard, just a little sugar, a bit of sweet onion, and of course, poppy seeds. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and tangy. And if you’re like me, you’ll find plenty of ways to use this vinaigrette dressing recipe.
So grab a small bowl and your favorite whisk to whip up, and emulsify this healthy, satisfying, and super easy to make lemon poppyseed dressing in about five minutes. It’s a quick little salad dressing, with minimal ingredients. Who could ask for more? Enjoy!
Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- small bowl
- ⅔ cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet Onion finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated Lemon Peel
- ½ teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Summer Savory dried
- Salt and pepper (optional) to taste
- Add all ingredients into a bowl, wWhisk to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, drizzle over prepared salad.
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2022 Kymberley Pekrul | GfreeDeliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. However, copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.