Cantaloupe & Cucumber Salad with Feta
A garden fresh salad recipe that’s healthy, refreshing, and sweet. Made with fresh cantaloupe, baby cucumbers, feta, and red onions to make it crunchy and delicious!
Almost like eating dessert, this light salad combines the favorite summer garden flavors of cantaloupe, cucumber, and sweet red onion.
It’s perfectly complemented by fresh feta cheese, add a light champagne vinaigrette, and a little fresh chopped basil before serving to make a quick and easy side dish that’s as pretty to look at as it is delicious to eat.
Garden Fresh Cantaloupe & Cucumber Salad with Feta
- mixing bowls
- Large serving bowl
- 1 small to medium-size cantaloupe seeded, cubed or scooped into melon balls
- 5 mini cucumbers sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- ½ cup Feta Cheese crumbles
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil leaves chopped
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Add the onion and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toss together the cantaloupe, cucumber, and feta in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Just before serving, add the onion and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Add chopped basil, toss to incorporate and coat all ingredients.
- Transfer to your serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Serves 6-8.
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2020 Kymberley Pekrul | GfreeDeliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. However, copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.