Cantaloupe & Cucumber Salad with Feta
It’s almost like eating dessert first!
This refreshing summer salad is the perfect blend of sweet and tangy flavors. The juicy, ripe cantaloupe balances perfectly with the cool, crisp cucumber and sweet red onion, while the salty feta cheese adds a creamy, savory element. Tossed with a light champagne vinaigrette, this salad is a delightful addition to any picnic or backyard barbecue.
It’s as pretty to look at as it is to eat. This salad is simple to toss together in minutes, making it perfect for when you’re short on time. Simply combine fresh fruit and vegetable ingredients, sprinkle on some salty feta cheese, and drizzle with the light champagne vinaigrette.
It’s a summer favorite for everyone at our house. Top it with a bit of fresh chopped basil before serving to make this quick and easy side dish that’s healthy, refreshing, and sweet to enjoy the taste of summer in every bite!
GET RECIPES • RESOURCES • +eNEWS UPDATES & MORE STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX !
Simple and delicious gluten-free recipes, family-friendly meal ideas, healthy cooking, encouragement, and easy-to-implement lifestyle strategies to live fully nourished… Only from GfreeDeliciously!
Garden Fresh Cantaloupe & Cucumber Salad with Feta
- Large serving bowl
- 1 small to medium-size cantaloupe seeded, cubed or scooped into melon balls
- 5 mini cucumbers sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- ½ cup Feta Cheese crumbles
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil leaves chopped
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Add the onion and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly toss together the cantaloupe, cucumber, and feta in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Just before serving, add the onion and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Add chopped basil, toss to incorporate and coat all ingredients.
- Transfer to your serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Serves 6-8.
Recipe Card powered by WP Recipe Maker
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2023 Kymberley Pekrul | GfreeDeliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. However, copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.