Sweet & Sour Grilled Kebobs in Less Than 30-Minutes!
Cooking on the grill during summer is a regular thing around Lac du Nibiinaabe. I love it when those meals can be prepared in only minutes. And it’s a double bonus when those meals are guilt-free and figure-friendly. When that happens, life can’t get much better!
These guilt-free sweet and sour grilled kielbasa kabobs fill all those requirements.
About the Sauce:
We’ve included our go-to recipe for an easy homemade sweet and sour sauce to slather on them after grilling. Because the sauce elevates the kebobs for making the kielbasa and veggies taste over the top delicious. But if making sauce is not your thing, this awesome bottled sauce will make them just as good.
Involve the Family:
This is an excellent dinner for involving the whole family in the meal process. If you have kids at home, you can count on plenty of help to push everything onto the skewers. Of course, your husband will enjoy grilling the kebobs outdoors. And if it’s raining, these are still simple to make using a grill pan on the stove.
& MORE STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX !
An artful gluten-free home, health, and cooking eNewsletter. Get recipes, resources, +eNews updates, and even more – for all food lovers gathered at the same table… Only from GfreeDeliciously!
Make them Vegan
In the end, any way you make these kebobs, be sure to plan on making enough for plenty of second helpings!
P.S. Have you tried this recipe? I would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment. Click the blue-green comment bubble on the bottom right of your screen to jump to the comment area.
And as always, don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #CookingGfreeDeliciously on Instagram. We love seeing what you cook up!
How to Make Guilt-Free Sweet & Sour Grilled Kielbasa Kabobs
- Small saucepan
- Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan
- Cutting Board
- Metal or Bamboo Grilling Skewers
- Utensils (Cooks Knife, Whisk, Measuring Cups & Spoons, Basting Brush, Tongs)
For Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce – (May substitute prepared Sweet & Sour Sauce)
- 6 ounces Pineapple Juice about 2/3 cup
- ⅓ cup Rice Vinegar
- ⅓ cup light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch plus one tablespoon water to make a slurry
For the Kebobs
- 1 package Kielbasa Turkey or variety of your choice, sliced 
- ½ each Bell Peppers green, yellow, and red, cut into pieces for skewers
- ½ large Red Onion cut into pieces for skewers
- ¼ head Cauliflower cut into pieces for skewers
- 2 teaspoons Grapeseed Oil + more for oiling grill grates
To Make the Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Combine the pineapple juice, rice vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and Tamari in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and whisk in the cornstarch slurry, continually stirring until thickened.6 ounces Pineapple Juice, 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar, 1/3 cup light Brown Sugar, 3 tablespoons gluten-free Ketchup, 1 tablespoon gluten-free Tamari, 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Let the sauce cool at room temperature. Store extra sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks.
To Make the Kebobs
- Preheat the outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan to medium heat – 350 °F
- Skewer kielbasa, bell pepper, onion, and cauliflower onto grilling skewers 1 package Kielbasa, 1/2 each Bell Peppers, 1/2 large Red Onion, 1/4 head Cauliflower
- Brush with Grapeseed Oil, place on oiled grill grates, and grill for seven minutes. Using tongs, flip and continue grilling for an additional seven minutes or until vegetables are lightly charred and tender.2 teaspoons Grapeseed Oil
- Remove from the grill and brush with the sweet and sour sauce. Serve immediately.
 May substitute any flavored variety of kielbasa though it may alter the nutritional value per serving.
 If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 10-15 minutes to prevent burning.
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)
Copyright © 2017-2022 Kymberley Pekrul | GfreeDeliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. However, copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.
How to Make a Gluten-Free Roux
Denver Omelet-Inspired Healthy Cheesy Breakfast Egg Bites
Gluten-Free Creole Étouffée
How to Make Gluten-Free Classic Chicken Pot Pies
How to Make the Best Buttery, Flaky, Gluten-Free Pie Crust
Mozzarella, Basil & Sausage Stuffed Tomatoes
How to Make Homemade (Pico de Gallo) Garden-Fresh Salsa
Pineapple Mango BBQ - Whip Up This Easy Sweet, Spicy Sauce
How to Make Simply Scrumptious Southern Summer Squash Casserole