Stovetop Quick Candied Pecans and Walnuts
These candied pecans and walnuts are ready in a snap!
Making them on the stove top is such an easy way to prepare candied nuts. Try this delicious, easy, and quick recipe to jazz up desserts, salads, and more!
Many candied pecan recipes call for preparing them in the oven. While they are delicious when prepared in that manner, sometimes I need them quickly and just don’t care to take the time, especially if I’m looking to use a small amount for a quick garnish.
Preparing them on the stovetop will take a quick 3 to 5 minutes.
Picture the recipe step-by-step...
Stovetop Quick Candied Pecans & Walnuts
- Parchment paper
- ½ cup Pecan Halves or Pieces
- 4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Combine the sugar, salt, and water in a small skillet and cook over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts bubbling.
- Add the pecans, stirring to coat, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the syrup mixture begins to dry and caramelize on the nuts.
- Remove from the heat and spread the pecans out on parchment paper to let them cool completely. You may need to stir occasionally with a fork, so they don’t stick together.
- Enjoy as an easy garnish on salads, desserts, and more!
Copyright © 2017-2020 Kymberley Pekrul | G-Free Deliciously | gfreedeliciously.com | All content, and photographs are copyright protected. The sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please read my Photo Use Policy for detailed guidelines and further clarification.
(Nutritional values are an approximation. Actual nutritional values may vary due to preparation techniques, variations related to suppliers, regional and seasonal differences, or rounding.)