SHARE THE LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Like a warm hug, there’s no better way to bake love ♥ than with biscuits!
Flakey, tender, delicious, out of this world biscuits are one of those down-home sort of guilty food pleasures and go-to tasty elements that’s so easy to eat and enjoy. They literally offer so many meal possibilities that the most difficult part of making them will be what to eat them with?
I must admit that in my kitchen, I’ll come up with just about any excuse to include biscuits with a meal. Like anyone would need an excuse to eat biscuits? Right?
My great-grandma Newburn was a pro at baking biscuits and she could make them like no-one else I’ve ever known. Her biscuits will forever be locked in my earliest childhood memories. All I need to do is close my eyes and think about great-grandma’s biscuits and my senses travel back through time, when walking through the back door into her kitchen, you were met with the sweet aromas of honey, biscuits baking, and the promise of a delicious meal. Like a warm hug, there’s no better way to bake love than with biscuits.
Whether savory or sweet, baked biscuits are easy to pull together, even for gluten-free cooks, and while many a cook may be fooled with their reputation of being a side component to the meal, you may want to re-think their mealtime role and cast them as the star performer.
I love to cast these easy savory bacon, cheddar cheese, and scallion biscuits as the centerpiece of sausage and gravy or feature them as the top performer in French do in Croque Madame (Ham, Cheese, and Fried Egg Sandwich). And, of course, they’re simply delicious all on their own served with creamy butter and a little honey for a touch of sweetness.
Whatever way you choose to serve your biscuits they’re sure to make some great food memories for the people you serve them to.
Here are 10 more excuses for serving biscuits at mealtime:
1. Biscuits with Scrambled Eggs, Sausage and Gravy – The ultimate comfort food, savory biscuits, and scrambled eggs smothered in sausage gravy doesn’t get much better!
2. Beans and Biscuits – Biscuits served cowboy-style, smothered in smoky baked beans with bacon.
3. Biscuits Croque Madame – A classic French sandwich made with ham, gruyere, béchamel and topped with a gooey fried egg!
4. Biscuits Dropped in Stew or Soup – A fresh biscuit front and center on top of a steaming bowl of warm goodness! Break off little bites with every lovin’ spoonful!
5. Day-Old Biscuits – Serve biscuits with milk, cinnamon and sugar. An old-fashioned breakfast with stick to your ribs goodness!
6. Sweet Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake – At the top of simple yet delicious desserts!
7. Biscuits with Polenta, Eggs, and Bacon – You don’t need to live in the South to enjoy this classic breakfast!
8. Biscuits Topped with Sauce – Many of the same sauces put over pasta work super well over biscuits too. Growing up mom made this white sauce with corned beef to serve for quick meals. Dad called it “S*it On A Shingle.” Despite the unappealing name he gave it, I still think it’s delicious!
9. Biscuit Cobbler – Made savory or sweet, for supper or dessert, biscuit cobblers are a wonderful way to warm up your family on chilly fall or winter nights!
10. Biscuit Bread Pudding – A great way to use day-old biscuits that’s oh-so-yummy!
Help others in their decision to fix it too! Place your star rating vote below to enter this recipe into G-Free Deliciously’s Best of the Best Hall of Fame! Comment and share, to show you care.
Copyright © 2018 Kymberley Pekrul | G-Free Deliciously | gfreedeliciously.com
SHARE THE LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
A TIDBIT OR TWO ABOUT KYMBERLEY:
SHARE THE LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
hey! i’m so
Happy to Meet You!
I’m Kymberley: former nonprofit director, now full-time blogger. My husband Mark, and I share our rural home in the heart of Central Wisconsin in an area known as “The Holyland.” We love visiting cool places across America, learning about the food, the people, culture, and the local history. Our favorite things are eating great food, dark chocolate, weekend coffee, lazy summer days, all sorts of music, and time with our grandchildren.
Learn more →
AWESOME FOOD FOR EVERYBODY
Recipes that just happen
to be gluten-free!
Join our growing list of subscribers to get our latest posts and more delivered straight to your inbox!
We promise not to spam you.
Unsubscribe at any time.
WISCONSIN CHEESE & MORE